The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture encourages, protects and promotes agriculture and related industries throughout the commonwealth while providing consumer protection through inspection services that impact the health and financial security of Pennsylvania's citizens.
Pennsylvania’s 62,000 farm families continue to be the stewards of more than 7.7 million acres of farmland. With $6.8 billion in cash receipts annually from production agriculture, Pennsylvania farmers and agribusinesses are the leading economic driver in our state.
In addition to production agriculture, the industry also raises revenue and supplies jobs through support services such as food processing, marketing, transportation, and farm equipment. In total, production agriculture and agribusiness contributes nearly $68 billion to Pennsylvania’s economy.
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
2301 North Cameron Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
General Information: (717) 787-4737
Bureau, Commission & Council Telephone Numbers
- Grows Safe, Nutritious and Affordable Food for Pennsylvania and the World
- Preserves Farmland and Conserves Natural Resources for Future Generations
- Improves Water and Air Quality through Nutrient Management
- Maximizes Technology and Innovation to Grow the Economy
- Educates People to be Life-long Learners
Content last modified on 1/31/2014 12:57:31 PM